Becoming a School Bus Driver in Texas
To become a school bus driver in the state of Texas you must:
- Obtain a Texas Commercial Driver’s License –Class B with a passenger, and school bus endorsement.
- Pass a DOT physical annually and pre-employment drug testing.
- Pass State license check and criminal history check.
- Participate and pass a 20 hour Texas School Bus Driver Certification Class.
- Texas School Bus Driver recertification class every 3 years, 8 hour course)
- Be CPR certified.
- Maintain a good driving record as set forth by the Texas Department of Public Safety.
If you are interested in becoming a school bus driver for BISD, please contact:
(830) 460-3897 ext. 2601