Dear Friend of Bandera ISD,
As superintendent, it is an honor for me to welcome you to our webpage. In Bandera ISD, our vision is to be a small-town district creating a world-wide impact. Spanning more than 400 square miles in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, we are proud of our small-town roots, and we believe that our students should have learning opportunities that are second to none.
One of our district’s Core Values states that We value choices in learning experiences because we believe choices cultivate personal growth and individual pride. That means that we don’t believe education should be a “one size fits all” process. Instead, we pride ourselves on knowing our children individually, and on developing deep and meaningful relationships with the families we serve.
From our Board of Trustees, to our classroom teachers, to our principals, to our administrative team, we are all committed to helping our students discover their unique, God-given gifts and talents. Together, we help our students find the path that is best suited for each one. As a result, evidence of student success abounds throughout Bandera ISD. Here are just a few of the ways our students are making a world-wide impact:
- Our BHS Lady Bulldog Cross Country team placed second in the Regional competition and are qualified for State for the 7th consecutive year
- 49 BISD teachers are “Digital Classroom teachers” who are incorporating blended learning strategies in their instruction and have taken part in the University of Texas’ “UTeach” professional learning
- Varsity football is bound for the playoffs
- The BHS Marching Band earned “straight ones” in this year’s UIL 4A Marching Competition
- Over 300 Bandera Middle School students are participating in the Student Spaceflight Experiments Program, a highly unique program that will allow our students the opportunity to have their micro-gravity science project performed by astronauts aboard the International Space Station
In Bandera ISD, We value passionate people of integrity because we believe they have a positive impact on themselves, our community, and the future. Every day, we strive for our passion and integrity to be evident in every interaction. If there is any way I may help improve your experience in our schools, please let me know.
Your partner in learning,
Jerry D. Hollingsworth, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Phone: (830) 460-3890
P.O. Box 727
Bandera, TX 78003
815 Pecan Street
Bandera, TX 78003