The Bandera ISD Board of Trustees unanimously approved an order on January 9, 2023, calling for a $79,491,416 bond election to be held on May 6, 2023. The 2023 bond addresses district wide safety and security, new construction, and district wide maintenance.
The projects included in the bond are based on recommendations from the BISD Citizens’ Advisory Committee. The committee, a diverse group of local citizens, parents, and school employees, met five times over several months to examine facility needs, costs, and prioritize projects. The committee came to consensus on the final package and presented the recommendation to the BISD Board of Trustees for consideration. The election will be held on May 6, 2023, with early voting April 24 through May 2. This will be the district’s first bond since 2002.
Major projects included in the proposed bond:
- District Wide Safety and Security Updates
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Center
- Bandera Multipurpose Facility
- Comprehensive Addition/Renovations
- Hill Country and Alkek Elementary HVAC Systems
- District Wide Maintenance