Bandera ISD Today
- Bandera ISD has grown to a district of over 2,200 students with more than 300 employees. We have moved from one school building in downtown Bandera that housed all of our students, to four campuses including two elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school. In addition to an administrative central office complex, the district also has a modern support facility which is the home to our transportation, maintenance, and food service departments.
- Bandera ISD consists of over 400 square miles encompassing the eastern half of Bandera County which includes a number of rural communities including: Bandera, Pipe Creek, Lakehills and Tarpley.
- Three of our schools are located in the Bandera area: Alkek Elementary School - 1798 Highway 173 South; Bandera Middle School - 1005 Cherry Street; and Bandera High School - 474 Old San Antonio Highway.
- One campus is located in Pipe Creek: Hill Country Elementary - 6346 FM 1283
Where is Bandera ISD?
- Bandera Independent School District is located in Bandera County, approximately 30 minutes northwest of San Antonio.
Curriculum and Extra-Curricular Activities
- Bandera ISD schools offer a comprehensive, well-balanced standard curriculum as well as programs in vocational, bilingual, gifted and talented, special education, and at-risk categories. it is the District's philosophy that each child is entitled to the very best education possible, and every child is provided every opportunity to succeed academically. The teamwork among student-teacher-parent is the vital key to attaining this success.
- The Middle School and High School provide a sports program geared to teaching the students the many values of athletics. Our athletic programs go beyond the basics of winning and losing. Participants in athletics are taught good sportsmanship, teamwork, goal-setting, and the value of good physical health and exercise. Participation in school athletics for both boys and girls depends on the student being academically eligible according to UIL standards. The following sports are offered in Bandera: cross country, football, volleyball, basketball, powerlifing, soccer, track & field, softball, baseball, golf, and tennis.
- Bandera ISD students can involve themselves in numerous school sponsored activities such as agriculture, band, cheerleading, choir, dance, drama, student council, and more.
Teachers and Staff
- Because of the diversity of the curriculum and the students enrolled in our schools, Bandera ISD's educators are highly trained and prepared to meet the rigors of accountability. Despite all of the changes in Texas public education, one thing has remained constant. Whether they serve our students as schoolteacher, principals, support staff, administrators, or school board members, Bandera ISD educators touch the lives of the students they serve with eyes that see the potential of every child, and hearts that embrace their every dream and aspiration.