Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching. Bandera ISD monitors staffing needs throughout the year and will fill substitute positions as needed.
Requirements to be a substitute teacher for Bandera ISD:
- Candidates must be 21 years of age
- Candidates must have a high school diploma or U.S. certified equivalent
- Candidates should complete and submit an online application
- Candidates will be required to attend a BISD orientation training. Orientation is by invitation only.
- Candidates must be fingerprinted per Senate Bill 9
- Complete an online application. This is required to be considered as a substitute teaching candidate.
- BISD will review all applications and then extend an invitation to attend a required orientation to those candidates who qualify.
- If offered a position, all substitutes must be fingerprinted prior to the first day of being able to work for BISD. Substitutes are required to pay for their own fingerprinting cost.
Consideration for employment is at the discretion of the Human Resources Department.
Bandera ISD is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher!
Bandera ISD - Human Resources Substitute Services